Hello to anyone who still looks at my blog. I am still here, I still have cancer but I am doing SO much better. People all the time ask me how I am doing and I just say, "I am getting stronger every day." I am finally to the point where I feel like myself again. It's amazing. I never realized just how much I have been struggling these past 3 months. I am so happy to wake up every morning and take my "energy" pills. (Thyroid medicine) My body no longer feels sluggish, my mind is starting to become clear again, mood swings are gone, my depression/anxiety is almost non existent. I feel excited to be alive.
Yes, I still have cancer. I won't know much more until the blood test in November. I have said this before but this cancer will always be in my body. I have come to terms with that.
My scar is fading but I still get a lot of looks especially from my patients that I see every 6 months. I had a guy actually rub his hand the length of my scar on Monday and asked what had happened. That wigged me out! I still don't have feeling from the angle of my jaw down my neck to the scar. I can't stand to have it touched. But he had good intentions and people really do care.
It is so nice to get through my work day or days home with my kids without hitting a wall. I was so proud of myself the other night when it hit 7pm and I was the one taking Lily to swim lessons. I am so thankful for modern medicine and that within 3 months I can go from having aggressive metastatic papillary carcinoma to feeling human again. I have had great Dr.s who have cared for me so well.
That is all for now. I will post some pictures and activities we've been doing :)
No comments:
Post a Comment