Welcome to September!! It's Thyroid Cancer Awareness Month! This post will be all about encouraging anyone who reads my blog to CHECK YOUR NECK and more importantly, be an advocate for yourself.
Here's the thing...I have had this cancer for 3 years. I had a baby with cancer! It scares me to think about the long term affects it could have on Paige. My cancer should have been caught 3 years ago. I know that things happen for a reason and I was suppose to know now BUT people need to be an advocate for themselves. I had doubts. I should have seen someone else. But after 2 specialists what was I suppose to do?
So for this blog post I just want everyone to think about that and to see a Dr. if you are not yourself, if you feel a lump anywhere that doesn't go away, if you've been ill and not getting better please go in and take care of yourself.
It is also Pediatric Cancer Awareness Month and that is even more important. Imagine your child having cancer. Don't let the little things go. If there is something that triggers that mom-instinct then take your kiddo in.
No comments:
Post a Comment