Thursday, January 7, 2016

Welcome 2016

I can't believe how long it's been since my last update. 2015 was such a crazy year and we really enjoyed our Holidays! It seems weird that December is already over. I did take down my Christmas decorations but we still have our lights up. 

I am doing well and feeling good. In December I went in and had an post-op ultrasound on my neck. There wasn't much to see. It came back that they wanted a CT scan with contrast or an MRI so that we could have a good look at what is still in my neck. When my Oncologist called I asked how urgent it was. He said we could wait until January. I was glad for that. Next Friday I will have the MRI done. I won't lie, I am nervous. I will have to be in that closed machine for over an hour. Yikes. They offered me drugs and I said I'd be ok but I wonder if I will be. It's all mental. I just need to suck it up and do it.

After the MRI I will have a blood test in February and an appt with the Oncologist at that time. In the Spring (not sure of date yet) I will have a full body scan. I think the fear is that because my cancer was metastatic they are worried it's going to spread before we can catch it. The simple blood test won't work for me because of the antibodies in my system. It's all complicated and I can't say I understand it fully. But that's ok. I just do as I am told and stay vigilant. 

I was trying to decide whether or not to keep blogging about my cancer. The thing is, there isn't a lot of people's personal experiences out there so for those who read my blog, who have stumbled upon it, or have been referred to it by someone then I hope this helps you. It's a long journey, a lifetime, and I really want to share my experience to see if it can help others. 


1 comment:

  1. I still read it and enjoy keeping up on the happenings in your life. You're a strong person and I admire your courage and determination through a difficult year. Hoping 2016 is much better!!!

    ReplyDelete